All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first collection of Claudio Monteverdi's madrigal and song texts published in parallel Italian and English versions. Denis Steven's unique anthology ranges across four centuries of verse for music. More than thirty poets, old and new, famous and obscure, are represented here, many for the first time in English. Enthusiasts and scholars of the music and its period will be extremely interested in finding out what the poems Monteverdi set to music really mean. The keys Stevens uses in his translations come from a lifetime's work devoted to Monteverdi and his contemporaries.
- Author BiographyDenis Stevens is well known as the conductor of the Accademia Monteverdiana and for his many editions of Monteverdi's music. His translation of Monteverdi's Letters have recently been published by Oxford University Press in a second edition.
- Author(s)Claudio Monteverdi
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/08/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight476 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byDenis Stevens
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.