All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- Description1. John Ringo has over two million books in print. 2. He has written six New York Times best sellers. 3. The first vel in his Posleen War series, A Hymn Before Battle, was praised by Booklist as practically impossible t to read in one sitting. Gust Front, the second vel in the series, has an 85% sell through in hardcover and currently has an 82% sell through in mass market. 4. A veteran of the 82nd Airborne, Ringo brings military characters and their explosive battles to vivid, three-dimensional life. 5. Travis S. Taylor's science background and profound kwledge complement Ringo's military realism with scientific realism, filling the vel with breakthroughs and theories from the frontier's of today's science, as he did in The Quantum Connection, praises by Publisher's Weekly as dazzling...cutting-edge scientific possibilities...stimulating and satisfying... 6. Four color series brochure 7. Special kit mailing 8. BookSense mailing 9. Postcards 10. Bookmarks 11. Large 1,000+ mailing of ARCs 12. Incremental co-op $2.00 per book 13. Teaser chapter in the mass market of Vorpal Blade 14. Series advertising in Locus, more 15. Trade advertising 16. Special backlist discounts for John Ringo titles It's Not Over Til The Skinny Lady Sings . . . Working off of a piece of intelligence from the alien Hexosehr, the Vorpal Blade is dispatched to investigate rumorsof an ancient and powerful civilization that may have been the creators of the black box that drives humanity's only space ship. Any remnant techlogy would be nice but what the Blade finds is much more than they bargained for. Worse, the ship is infested by an alien species of scorpion-like arachids that has the potential to wipe outa world. Worst of all, instead of being Astrogator, Captain William Weaver is w the XO and he is t getting along with the new commander. And the new commander does t get along with Weaver, the ship's female savant-linguist or most of the rest of the original crew. And what is that weird ise the ship makes every time it's in hard maneuvers? Leave it to the oddball geniuses of the Blade to sort it all out. And the Dreen are t going to like the answers.
- Author BiographyJohn Ringo is author of the New York Times best-selling Posleen War series which so far includes A Hymn Before Battle, Gust Front, When the Devil Dances, and Hell s Faire, as well as the connected novels Cally s War (with Julie Cochrane), The Hero (with Michael Z. Williamson), and Watch on the Rhine (with Tom Kratman), and is the hottest new science fiction writer since David Weber. A veteran of the 82nd Airborne, Ringo brings first-hand knowledge of military operations to his novels of high-tech future war. Travis S. Taylor Doc Taylor to his friends has earned his soubriquet the hard way: He has a doctorate in optical science and engineering, a master's degree in physics, a master's degree in aerospace engineering, a master's degree in astronomy, and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. Dr. Taylor has worked on various programs for the Department of Defense and NASA for the past sixteen years.He's currently working on several advanced propulsion concepts, very large space telescopes, space-based beamed energy systems, and next generation space launch concepts.He lives in Harvest, AL with his wife Karen and their daughter.
- Author(s)John Ringo,Travis S. Taylor
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication04/11/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Weight567 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.