All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive review of environmental remediation is presented with an emphasis on the role of clay minerals in water purification. In the first chapter, important aspects of environmental problems and possible solutions are discussed. In the second chapter, the application of natural clay minerals as environmental cleaning agents are explained. The discussion is focused on the role of different types of clay materials in hazardous substance removal from air, aqueous solutions, wastewater, aquaculture, ground water, etc. In the next chapter, the modification of clay materials is explored including the preparation of clay composite materials for environmental remediation. Various aspects of clay material modifications and the effects of clay surface chemistry on the removal of hazardous material is also discussed. Next, the equilibrium and kinetics of hazardous substance adsorption is presented. This chapter summarizes recent studies on the removal of hazardous substances from aqueous solutions and the environment using various types of clay minerals. The brief also includes various models used in adsorption studies and touches on the characterization of clay minerals.
- Author BiographyDr. Suryadi Ismadji, Dr. Felycia Edi Soetaredjo and Dr. Aning Ayucitra are based in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Widya Mandala Surabaya Catholic University, Kalijudan 37, Surabaya 60114, Indonesia.
- Author(s)Aning Ayucitra,Felycia Edi Soetaredjo,Suryadi Ismadji
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Molecular Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight257 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.