All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses clean coal techlogy (CCT), the latest generation of coal techlogy that controls pollutants and performs with improved generating efficiency. CCT involves processes that effectively control emissions and result in highly efficient combustion without significantly contributing to global warming. Basic principles, operational aspects, current status, on-going developments and future directions are covered. The recent concept of viewing carbon dioxide as a commodity, and implementing CCUS (carbon capture, utilization and storage) instead of CCS for deriving several benefits is also discussed, as is the implementation of CCT in countries with large coal reserves and that utilize large quantities of coal for their energy supply. These countries are also the foremost CO2 emitters globally and their energy policies are crucial to international efforts to combat global warming. This work will be beneficial for students and professionals in the fields of fuel, mechanical, chemical and environmental engineering and Clean Tech. Includes foreword by Professor Yiannis Levendis, College of Engineering Distinguished Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA.
- Author BiographyDr. P. Jayarama Reddy is an energy consultant to the solar photovoltaic industry and serves as a board member of several international renewable energy companies related to solar module fabrication, power generation from biomass and municipal solid waste. He is a retired professor of Physics (Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, India) and has worked in various big research laboratories at Cornell University (US), Imperial College London (UK), Charles University (Czech Republic), and Stuttgart University (Germany). Dr. Reddy is a Fellow of the Institute of Physics (UK) and has published a number of papers on polycrystalline thin film solar materials and cells, as well as the books Science and Technology of Photovoltaics, published by BS Publications / CRC Press/Balkema, and Solar Power Generation, published by CRC Press/Balkema.
- Author(s)P. Jayarama Reddy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.