All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to live green in this series from ted astronaut and environmentalist, Sally Ride that is dedicated to 3 of the Earth's main resources--air, energy, and water. Each volume describes how people use the Earth's resources and what can be done to protect them. Packed with full-color photographs and illustrations. Learn about developing techlogies for recycling and desalinating water that are helping to bring clean water to people all over the world.
- Author BiographyIn 1983, Sally Ride became the first American woman to travel into space. Since then, she has remained in the limelight as an astronaut, astrophysicist and outspoken advocate for encouraging women in the sciences. She is also the President and Founder of Sally Ride Science, a media company that develops educational content that encourages children's interest in science and technology. In addition to publications, the company creates content for teachers and out-of-school programs. BETH GEIGER was the recipient of the 2006 AAAS Science Journalist Award for excellence in Science Reporting for Children. She lives in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Beth Geiger
- PublisherFlash Point
- Date of Publication18/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleSally Ride Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlash Point
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width178 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.