All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays summarizes one of the most fascinating developments of contemporary history: the peaceful revolution of the Central European nations from a long period of authoritarian regimes to Western democracy. It looks at the pre-Communist history of political parties and then examines the extent to which party politics has changed in the post-Cold War world. After reviewing the various theories of cleavage and considering the interrelationships among cleavages, parties, and voters, 15 essays by indigeus scholars provide general historical background and identify specific new cleavages in each nation, and trace the activities of the more important parties in each nation. Voter response to the new political situation and parties is analyzed.
- Author BiographyKAY LAWSON is Professor of Science at San Francisco State University and the Sorbonne./e Among her earlier publications is How Political Parties Work(Praeger, 1994). ANDREA ROMMELE is a political scientist with the University of Mannheim. GEORGI KARASIMEONOV is Professor of Political Science at Sofia University in Bulgaria.
- Author(s)Andrea Rommele,Georgi Karasimeonov,Kay Lawson
- Date of Publication30/04/1999
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight606 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.