Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever been hijacked? By your se, that is? Have you ever been, at a mere whiff, snatched and catapulted into a time of remembered bliss? Or remembered grief? What if your se was a veritable time machine transporting and immersing you, mind, body and soul into a past long gone yet as exquisitely vivid as the present? On the surface there is thing remarkable about Clementine's se: it has only two strils and sits roughly in the middle of her face. Yet when it is discovered that the six-year old has in fact the se of a bloodhound, it soon converts her into a force to be reckoned with in the small hamlet where she is growing up. Is she angel or beast? Her bizarre attribute garners her praise but also subjects her to taunts and insults, until a searing humiliation brings her ambivalence to a tipping point, and upon reaching puberty she makes a decision which will change the course of her life by a few latitudes. How she handles and resolves her strong ambivalence is developed in this olfactory odyssey, a sensuous tale with comedy, drama, and romance, drenched in fragrant magic realism.
- Author BiographyJocelyne Lebon was born in Belgium and educated in Europe and the United States. She holds a degree in International Conference Interpreting and a Master's in Clinical Psychology. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband. Clementine's Uncommon Scents is her debut novel.
- Author(s)Jocelyne Lebon
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.