All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn intermediate-level discussion of declarer play in the game of bridge, this book focuses on the power of the trump suit. Its subjects include trump and situations where you need to unblock in the trump suit or to put a defender on lead with a trump. The reader will learn how to make maximum use of the entries provided by the trump suit, and how to perform a trump safety play or a trump avoidance play. Two other important topics are how to make your contract against a bad trump break and how you can survive a forcing attack on the long-trump holding. Later chapters explain how to play contracts with fewer than eight trumps at your disposal, and also how to conjure extra tricks from the trump suit. Every couple of chapters or so, there is a 9-problem quiz section.
- Author BiographyDavid Bird is the bridge correspondent for the London Evening Standard and author of more than 100 books on bridge. He lives near Southampton.
- Author(s)David Bird
- PublisherMaster Point Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMaster Point Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.