All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung fans of Ernie Cline's Ready Player One will love this classic video game inspired mystery filled with elements of Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library and From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. What if playing video games was prepping you to solve an incredible real-world puzzle and locate a priceless treasure? Twelve-year-old Ted Gerson has spent most of his summer playing video games. So when his great-uncle dies and bequeaths him the all so-called treasure in his overstuffed junk shop of an apartment, Ted explores it like it s ather level to beat. And to his shock, he finds that eccentric Great-Uncle Ted actually has set the place up like a real-life escape-the-room game! Using his specially honed skills, Ted sets off to win the greatest game he s ever played, with help from his friends Caleb and Isabel. Together they discover that Uncle Ted s treasure might be exactly that real gold and jewels found by a Japanese American unit that served in World War II. With each puzzle Ted and his friends solve, they get closer to unraveling the mystery but someone dangerous is hot on their heels, and he s t about to let them get away with the fortune. Praise for Click Here to Start As addictive as your favorite video game. I couldn't put it down. -Adam Gidwitz, New York Times bestselling author of A Tale Dark and Grimm Humor, believable characters, and adventure...keeps readers in suspense to the end. A winner for mystery enthusiasts. - Kirkus Reviews In this clever debut, Markell takes readers on a clue-filled adventure...[and] maintains an energetic, entertaining balance of character-driven narrative and tricky challenges. - Publishers Weekly Markell's highly entertaining debut vel...is a well-paced read with fully realized and likable characters, ...[and] should have strong appeal to gamers, fans of video game-based stories, and reluctant readers. - SLJ This book will appeal to a wide audience. Readers who enjoyed Schreiber's Game Over, Pete Watson will enjoy the video game component; fans of Fitzgerald's Under the Egg will enjoy reading more about the Monuments Men; detective story aficionados will revel in the inclusion of The Maltese Falcon story. This is a great book to hand to just about any middle grade reader. -YA Books Central A School Library Guild selection An Amazon Best Books of the Month Selection From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyThis is Denis Markell s first novel, and he took writing it very seriously, playing hours and hours worth of escape-the-room games for research (or so he told his family). He also cowrote an award-winning Off-Broadway musical revue and wrote a few musical comedies for the stage; various and sundry sitcoms; a play with Joan Rivers; an episode of Thundercats; two picture books illustrated by his wife, Melissa Iwai The Great Stroller Adventureand Hush, Little Monster and Poser, a memoir of his years as a male model. (One of these things is not true.) He lives in a small apartment in Brooklyn with Melissa; their son, Jamie; and a Shetland pony name Ronaldo. (One of these things is not true.) From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Denis Markell
- PublisherDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication19/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelacorte Books for Young Readers
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.