Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionUsing an extensive postcard collection, this book will include locations such as the church where Agatha Christie married one Christmas Eve, a street of eighteenth-century houses, the railway through the rocks of Avon Gorge, Royal York Crescent, The Clifton Club, The Victoria Rooms, Watts Folly Clifton library, eighteenth-century Goldney House with its grotto made of West Indies sea shells, Clifton college, Lord Mayor's mansion house, Merchant's Hall, Brunel's Clifton Suspension Bridge and lots more. Clifton: History You Can See shows that evidence of the past can be seen in everyday surroundings and will fascinate all who kw the area.
- Author BiographyThis will be Maurice Fells' third book for Tempus. He is an established journalist who once worked for HTV, and has great enthusiasm for researching Bristol's history.
- Author(s)Maurice Fells
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Notec. 200
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.