All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to the lack of success in climate change mitigation efforts, the importance of adaptation is becoming more and more apparent and is w one of the main imperatives of international research and action. However, research on adaptation is mostly t directly applicable to adaptation policy or practice, leaving a gap between scientific results and practical advice for decision makers and planners. This book seeks to address this problem and bridge the gap and should provide readers with practical and applicable information on climate change adaptation. Following an introduction, the book is organised into four main sections, each reflecting an essential component in the adaptation process. Climate change adaptation is an emerging subject area and has gained increased political and academic attention within the last decade. Whereas most books in the field focus on adaptation in developing countries, this volume provides an examination of predominantly European policy and offers inter-disciplinary insight into cutting edge kwledge and lessons learnt in a relatively new field of implementation.
- Author BiographyAndrea Prutsch is an adaptation policy advisor in the Department of Environmental Impact Assessment and Climate Change at the Environment Agency, Austria. Torsten Grothmann is senior scientist at the Department of Ecological Economics, University of Oldenburg, Germany. Sabine McCallum is Head of the Department of Environmental Impact Assessment and Climate Change at the Environment Agency, Austria. Inke Schauser is an adaptation policy advisor in the Department of Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation (KomPass) at the Federal Environment Agency, Germany. Rob Swart is coordinator of international climate change adaptation research at Alterra, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Netherlands.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 36 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrea Prutsch,Inke Schauser,Rob Swart,Sabine McCallum,Torsten Grothmann
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.96Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.