All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClimate change has shaped life in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Understanding the interactions between climate and biodiversity is a complex challenge to science. With contributions from 60 key researchers, this book examines the ongoing impact of climate change on the ecology and diversity of life on earth. It discusses the latest research within the fields of ecology and systematics, highlighting the increasing integration of their approaches and methods. Topics covered include the influence of climate change on evolutionary and ecological processes such as adaptation, migration, speciation and extinction, and the role of these processes in determining the diversity and biogeographic distribution of species and their populations. This book ultimately illustrates the necessity for global conservation actions to mitigate the effects of climate change in a world that is already undergoing a biodiversity crisis of unprecedented scale.
- Author BiographyTrevor Hodkinson is Senior Lecturer in Botany at the School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College, Dublin. He is Head of the Botany Molecular Laboratory and Assistant Curator of the Herbarium. He specialises in the research fields of molecular systematics, genetic resources and taxonomy. Michael Jones holds the Chair of Botany in the School of Natural Sciences, Trinity College, Dublin. He is a plant ecophysiologist and his research focuses on the study of climate-plant interactions, particularly the effects of climate on photosynthesis, growth and primary productivity. Stephen Waldren is a Lecturer in Botany and Curator of the Trinity College, Dublin, Botanic Garden. His research interests are in the areas of conservation biology and phylogeography. John Parnell is Head of the School of Natural Sciences at Trinity College, Dublin, and Curator of the Herbarium. His research interests are predominantly in the fields of plant taxonomy and systematics, working mainly on the floras of Ireland and Thailand.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSystematics Association Special Volume Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note90 b/w illus. 13 tables
- Weight1300 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJohn A. N. Parnell,Michael B. Jones,Stephen Waldren,Trevor R. Hodkinson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.