All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs frustration mounts in some quarters at the perceived inadequacy or speed of international action on climate change, and as the likelihood of significant impacts grows, the focus is increasingly turning to liability for climate change damage. Actual or potential climate change liability implicates a growing range of actors, including governments, industry, businesses, n-governmental organisations, individuals and legal practitioners. Climate Change Liability provides an objective, rigorous and accessible overview of the existing law and the direction it might take in seventeen developed and developing countries and the European Union. In some jurisdictions, the applicable law is less developed and less the subject of current debate. In others, actions for various kinds of climate change liability have already been brought, including high profile cases such as Massachusetts v. EPA in the United States. Each chapter explores the potential for and barriers to climate change liability in private and public law.
- Author BiographyJutta Brunnee is Professor of Law and Metcalf Chair in Environmental Law at the University of Toronto. Silke Goldberg is a Paris-based senior associate in Herbert Smith's global energy practice and a research fellow in energy law at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands. Richard Lord QC is a London-based commercial litigator with over twenty-five years' experience, particularly of international disputes in the Commercial Court and in arbitration, and with a particular interest in private law aspects of climate change. Lavanya Rajamani is a Professor at the Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, where she writes, teaches and advises on international environmental law, in particular international climate change law and policy.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight1230 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJutta Brunnee,Lavanya Rajamani,Richard Lord,Silke Goldberg
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.