Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by one of the foremost experts on climate change and energy education, Mark McCaffrey, this book serves as a primer and handbook for science teachers and teacher leaders on climate and energy education. This book complements the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) by providing background, specific guidance, and tools for infusing climate, energy, and environmental topics throughout the curriculum and grade-bands. It also provides context in order to overcome the challenges of teaching and learning about climate and energy with an emphasis on scientific literacy within the context of broader environmental understanding and societal relevance.
- Author BiographyCurrently serving as Senior Fellow at the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies at the National University for Public Service in Budapest, Hungary, Mark S. McCaffrey served as Programs and Policy Director at the National Center for Science Education (NCSE) and was co-author of Climate Confusion Among U.S. Science Teachers in the journal Science in February of 2016. He was an Associate Scientist with the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) at the University of Colorado at Boulder from 2001 to 2011 and played a catalytic role in initiating and deploying the Climate Literacy and Energy Literacy frameworks. He was a co-founder of the Climate Literacy & Energy Literacy Network (CLEAN), and member of the International Polar Year Education, Outreach and Communications Committee. He holds a graduate degree in education from the University of Northern Colorado where he focused on water as an interdisciplinary and integrating theme for teaching. McCaffrey helped establish an education affinity group with the National Climate Assessment Network, which is a public private partnership organized under the auspices of the U.S. Global Change Research Program.
- Author(s)Mark S. McCaffrey
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight544 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.