All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first interdisciplinary review on how climate affects human behavior provides an introductory framework for research in the field, surveys climatic data around the world, and covers over 3,000 sources. The bibliography is organized topically into chapters dealing with physiological, psychological, sociological, and ecomic effects of climate on people. The bibliography identifies important sources relating to acclimation, allergies, diet, diseases, affective disorders, aggression, personality, mental illnesses, accidents and injuries, crime, fertility, mortality, migration, suicide, consumer and industrial behavior, macroecomic policy, and methodologies. A detailed author, subject, and country and regional index make this careful review easily accessible for varied use by students, teachers, researchers, policymakers, and business persons or managers.
- Author BiographyPHILIP M. PARKER is an Associate Professor at the European Institute of Business Administration (INSEAD), in Fontainebleau, France, where he teaches graduate courses in multivariate statistics, research methodology, and international marketing. His research interests include evaluating cross-national effects of physical environment on human behavior and the resulting implications for business and economic policy. Parker has consulted on various projects with international development agencies and has conducted field research and training with private concerns in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America, and North America. He has recently published articles in industry journals on various economic and business topics, including the diffusion of innovations, marketing, and industrial organization.
- Author(s)Philip M. Parker
- Date of Publication23/03/1995
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in Geography S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight606 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $89.67New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $28.32Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.