All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAllergic diseases affect nearly one-fourth of the population and cause or contribute to significant chronic illness. Allergic diseases are common and are seen by a wide variety of health care providers. In Clinical Allergy: Diagsis and Management , the author provides a practical clinical overview for the common disorders encountered in the specialty of Allergy. Designed to be easily readable and to provide clinically applicable information for both the nallergist and allergist, the intent is to unravel the mystery of allergy. The introductory chapters focus on the human immune response, environmental allergens, and the different types of allergy testing. The subsequent chapters focus on the common allergic conditions seen in the office or clinic, including rhinitis and rhisinusitis, allergic eye disease, asthma, urticaria and angioedema, atopic and contact dermatitis, drug allergy, food allergy, anaphylaxis, and stinging insect allergy. 'Cross-talk' between chapters helps show the interrelationships among the various allergic disorders. The chapters begin with a review of pathophysiologic mechanisms and then consider a clinically structured approach to diagsis and management of the disorders. In addition to pharmacologic treatment, the importance of npharmacologic management and patient education is emphasized. At the end of each chapter, clinical vignettes highlight the daily management of the allergic patient. Clinical Allergy: Diagsis and Management , provides a logical framework for the evaluation and management of allergic disorders in patients.
- Author(s)Gerald W. Volcheck
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCurrent Clinical Practice
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1400 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.