Clinical Anatomy & Physiology of the Swallow Mechanism by Kellie Sciortino, Julie Liss, Kim Corbin-Lewis (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.56Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $237.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis complete, concise guide enables graduate students in speech-language pathology to apply their kwledge of the anatomy and physiology of voice and speech production to the study of rmal deglutition and dysphagia. The text examines the oral, pharyngeal, and esophageal components of the swallow mechanism, identifying both rmal structure and morphology and structural and physiologic abrmalities. The Second Edition has been carefully updated to reflect current evidence and evolving theoretical frameworks for a wide range of diagstic and treatment approaches, as well as the analytical process needed to effectively evaluate current and future research results. The text also features new material on neurological control, motor control, and learning, in addition to information on new techlogy and treatment techniques, such as electrical stimulation, free water protocols, Shaker exercises, and use of the National Dysphagia Diet. New and revised images clearly and consistently illustrate critical concepts of anatomy and physiology. The authors' conversational writing style makes even complex material more engaging and easier to master and apply. This comprehensive, yet highly approachable text equips students to apply a systematic line of inquiry and evidence-based practice to diagse and manage dysphagia accurately and efficiently.
- Author BiographyKim Corbin-Lewis, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, is an associate professor at Utah State University, where she serves as head of the Department of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education. She earned her Ph.D. communicative disorders from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she completed a minor in anatomy. Dr. Corbin-Lewis teaches in the areas of dysphagia, motor speech disorders, voice, speech science, and anatomy and physiology, and she has been a practicing speech-language pathologist for 28 years. Julie M. Liss, Ph.D., CCC-SLP is a professor at Arizona State University in the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences. She earned her Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Liss teaches in the areas of dysphagia, motor speech disorders, neuroscience, and anatomy and physiology.
- Author(s)Julie Liss,Kellie Sciortino,Kim Corbin-Lewis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.