All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince Locher first suggested Boron Neutron Capture Therapy (BNCT) in 1936, this theoretically ideal system has intrigued investigators. Unfortunately, the first clinical trials between 1951-1961 were t successful. However, they served to implant firmly the seed of BNCT, the growth of which has been carefully nurtured at a number of locations world-wide. This fact is attested to by the ongoing clinical trials in Japan as well as by the presence of researchers from active groups in the ten countries represented at this Workshop. In 1983 and 1985, the first and second international biannual symposia on BNCT were held, in response to a resurgence of interest in this field. In 1986, the DOE sponsored a workshop on NCT, in large part directed toward evaluating the national effort and the various neutron sources available within the United States. It w seems likely, because of various factors including improved neutron beams and boron delivery systems which have made the modality more attractive, that clinical trials will be initiated in the United States within the next few years. This 1988 special workshop, interspersed between the biannual international symposia, represents an effort to seek ideas and advice on the clinical a~pects of BNCT, from all those diverse groups with a national commitment to this project. Our purpose is to facilitate our endeavor to incorporate the best procedures and techniques in the upcoming clinical trials.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleBasic Life Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight736 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRalph G. Fairchild
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.