All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew aspects of the place of cardiovascular drugs in anaesthesia addressed by Professor Pierre Coriat and a group of internationally respected authors in this important clinical Text. The interactions of the current drugs used in major cardiovascular conditions are described, and therapeutic regimens recommended to counteract possible adverse effects during surgery or in the intensive care unit.The first part of the book covers the pre- and perioperative management of surgical patients with disease of the cardiovascular system, with chapters on the current drugs in use: 946-adrereceptor antagonists; Calcium channel blockers; ACE inhibitors; Antiarrhythmic agents; and, 945-agonists. The second part discusses the maintenance of the acute cardiovascular patient on the intensive care unit, with chapters on: Intraoperative hypertension; Postoperative hypertension; Prevention of myocardial ischaemia in cardiac surgery; Treatment of perioperative left ventricular dysfunction; Perioperartive arrhythmias; Pulmonary hypertension; and, Pharmacological treatment of hyopoxaemia. Comprehensive coverage of clinical management is accompanied in a concise, well-referenced book that will become an essential reference work for all practising anaesthetists and intensivists.
- PublisherBMJ Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/1997
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleFundamentals of Anaesthesia & Acute Medicine S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBMJ Books
- Content Note0
- Weight606 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byPierre Coriat
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.