All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe initial impetus to create a work combining aspects of cel- lular immulogy with their clinical applications grew from the ed- itors' discussions of the area's needs with many of the leaders in the field over a period of time. From the nucleus of ideas that emerged, we have here attempted to create a unified and inte- grated coverage of the rapidly growing field of cellular immulogy research and to trace out-from what seems at times a genuine plethora of important new findings-the many and often impor- tant clinical implications. Because of this approach, the chapters of Clinical Cellular Im- mulogy attempt to be more than critical reviews of research and clinical data, going beyond analysis to synthesize working hypotheses about the functional meaning of cellular immulogical phemena and their likely clinical significance. To accomplish this undertaking, the text begins first with a consid- eration of the molecular aspects of antigen recognition (Luderer and Harvey) and of the ensuing regulatory program initiation (Fathman). Then, the functional subsets oflymphocytes as they in- teract to produce and control the developing immune response are explored in detail (Sigel et a1.), followed by a unique analytical dis- section of the action of immusuppressive agents on the sundry inductive and regulatory immulogic pathways (Sigel et al.). A majority of the data and conclusions drawn by the authors in the previous chapters arise from work on murine systems, al- though wherever appropriate, human data has been introduced.
- Author(s)Albert A. Luderer,Howard H. Weetall
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/1982
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Immunology
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight758 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.