Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPsychosomatic medicine may be considered to be one of the leading approaches to treating comorbid disorders and conditions. The chapters of this volume are written by experts in the field and present the newest developments in psychosomatic medicine, from basic science to clinical approaches and vel treatments. Discussed are communications with patients suffering from serious illness, basic science and management of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Further psychiatric symptomatology in Huntington's disease and its management as well as coping with losses, grief and mourning in prostate cancer are reviewed. Psychocutaneous diseases, the role of telomeres in stress and mental illness, dimensional psychopharmacology in somatizing patients and many other clinically important areas are also covered. Papers in this publication offer new information on the advances of contemporary psychosomatic medicine in variety of areas previously t sufficiently covered and are of valuable reading for psychiatrists, psychologists, internists, oncologists and primary care specialists.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication24/03/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Psychosomatic Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note9, 9 fig., 16 tab.
- Weight670 g
- Edited byRichard Balon,T. N. Wise
- Series Edited byT. N. Wise
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.