All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Dilemmas in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease offers hepatologists practical, up-to-date and expert guidance on the most topical dilemmas, difficulties and areas of controversy/difficulty surrounding this ever-increasing area of liver disease they face in daily practice. Roger Williams and Simon Taylor-Robinson, two of Europe s leading hepatologists, have recruited leading figures from across the world to assist them, resulting in a truly international approach. Each chapter covers a specific area of difficulty, containing clear learning points and providing evidence-based expert guidance on the latest hot topics in clinical management such as: * Is NAFLD different in absence of Metabolic Syndrome? * Are the pros outweighed by the cons of obtaining a liver biopsy? * Is progression to cirrhosis more likely in children with NAFLD? * What are the dangers as well as the true benefits of bariatric surgery? * How is it best to use antifibrotic agents in clinical practice? Clinical Dilemmas in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease provides the answers to the questions and challenges that clinicians face every day in this area. It is essential reading for hepatologists of all levels and researchers in hepatology, as well as all those involved in the care of patients with NAFLD, including gastroenterologists, pathologists and specialist hepatology nurses.
- Author BiographyProfessor Roger Williams CBE, runs the Institute of Hepatology at UCL, and is a twice former president of EASL. He has authored an incredible 2100 journal articles. Despite advancing years, he is still actively involved in clinical research -- 340 articles in the past ten years, and analysis by ISI shows him to be one of the most influential researchers in his field. The award of a CBE for services to medicine recognised his major contribution to the study of liver disorders over 25 years including leading the team who performed the first ever UK liver transplant. He also performed George Best's controversial liver transplant in 2002. Prof Williams has had many awards, medals, honorary fellowships, and in 2006 was included by HRH The Queen in a celebration at Buckingham Palace to honour those who continue to contribute to public service beyond the age of 65yrs. He was made a Fellow of King's College London in 1992 and an Honorary Fellowship from UCL was conferred on him in 2008, in recognition of his distinguished career and outstanding service to UCL. Professor Simon Taylor-Robinson joined the Department of Medicine at Imperial College London in 1997, having previously been Senior Registrar in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Hammersmith Hospital. He was awarded the Sir Francis Avery Jones Gold Medal by the British Society of Gastroenterology in 1999 and the Young Investigator Award of the Liver Section of the European Gastroenterology Association in 1997. He is currently Director of the Imperial Clinical Research Facility at St Mary's Hospital, London.
- Author(s)Roger Williams,Simon D. Taylor-Robinson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleClinical Dilemmas (UK)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight592 g
- Width188 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.