All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNinety-eight of the chief complaints and disorders you're most likely to encounter in the ED! A clear, concise guide for clinicians new to the Emergency Department. It is a Doody's Core Title for 2015. Written by authors who are practicing emergency physicians and emergency medicine educators, Clinical Emergency Medicine distills the entire content of the emergency medicine curriculum into less than one hundred succinct, clinically relevant chapters. This unique book is intended to guide you through what you must kw and be able to do during an actual shift and give you a better understanding of the issues and problems you will face while working in the Emergency Department. Featuring a consistent, find-it-w design, Clinical Emergency Medicine delivers concise, must-kw information on ninety-eight chief complaints and disorders, ranging from asthma and chest pain to fever and poisoning. Each chapter begins with Key Points, followed by an Introduction, Clinical Presentation (History and Physical Examination), Diagstic Studies, Medical Decision Making, Treatment and Disposition, and Suggested Reading. Whenever possible, the authors provide practical advice on drug dosing, the medical decision-making thought process, treatment plans, and dispositions that will be of value in a clinical environment. Numerous diagstic algorithms simplify the problem and point you towards a solution. Valuable to medical students, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and junior level residents, Clinical Emergency Medicine teaches you things that may t have been covered in medical or physician assistant school, but have an important bearing on patient outcomes.
- Author BiographyScott Sherman, MD; Joseph Weber, MD; Michael Schindlbeck, MD; and Rahul Patwari, MD (Chicago, IL) are affiliated with the Department of Emergency Medicine, Rush Medical College, John J. Stroger/Cook Count Medical Center.
- Author(s)Joseph W. Weber,Michael Schindlbeck,Rahul Patwari,Scott C Sherman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight786 g
- Width188 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.