All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe publication of this third edition of the definitive text on clinical forensic medicine comes at an exciting time for a subject w gaining recognition as a speciality in the medical establishment. This growing ackwledgement reflects the fact that increasing numbers of health professionals are becoming engaged in general forensic services. Nurses and paramedics are more involved than ever in custody care, while nurses themselves are conducting more examinations in cases involving alleged sexual offences. Thus it is vital that those caring for this vulnerable group of patients (whether detainees or complainants) have the tools to master this specialist set of skills. All the chapters in this new edition have been fully updated, with some undergoing extensive revision. Recent developments in child protection protocols have prompted a major rewrite of the chapter on n-accidental injury, and the text w includes a specific chapter on the use of the TASER. Other aspects of restraint are w dealt with separately. The material on care of detainees and fitness for interview has been split into individual chapters to allow a more comprehensive discussion of the issues. In addition, new authors have joined the team of contributors, facilitating a wider range of international perspectives. From its chapters on the history and core principles of clinical forensic medicine, right up to the text's discussion of substance misuse and deaths in custody, this volume remains the gold standard source for health professionals whose working lives bring them into contact with those in the law enforcement arena.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, 55 black & white tables, biography
- Weight894 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMargaret M. Stark
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2011
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.70Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.78Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.