Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $22.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe Clinical Manual for Treatment of Alcoholism and Addictions provides a concise overview of addiction treatment issues relevant to physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, alcohol and drug counselors, and rehabilitation therapists who are involved in the care of patients with substance use disorders. Drawing from their extensive experience in treating addictions in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the authors have assembled a wealth of clinical information condensed into one easy-to-read guide. The manual; Presents an overview of the genetics, biological markers, and pathophysiology of addiction. Covers specific addictive substances in detail - including epidemiology, presentation, and diagsis. Highlights underlying issues related to each substance and includes sections on polysubstance abuse and psychiatric comorbidity. Touches on various evaluation and assessment tools; Reviews psychosocial and pharmacological treatment modalities. Throughout the book, complex material is made accessible through the generous use of tables and charts, and key points summarize the important take-away points for each chapter In addition, the manual offers extensive coverage of many different aspects of addiction psychiatry: Specific patient populations, such as children and adolescents, seniors, mentally and physically handicapped persons, the chronically ill, and the homeless; Various treatment settings, such as general hospitals, outpatient medical settings, and emergency departments; Behavioral addictions, such as pathological gambling, kleptomania, and compulsive buying; Violence, crime, and suicidal behavior With their vast impact on our culture and society, substance use disorders may well become one of the main challenges for psychiatry in the twenty-first century. Effective approaches to substance use disorders require treatment combinations tailored specifically to each individual. The Clinical Manual for Treatment of Alcoholism and Addictions is an invaluable tool for informing clinicians about the wide array of treatment options available to help their patients who struggle with substance abuse problems.
- Author BiographyAvram H. Mack, M.D., is Attending Physician at Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C., and Associate Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. Amy L. Harrington, M.D., is Physician at Georgetown University Hospital in Washington, D.C. Richard J. Frances, M.D., is Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at New York University, New York City; Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry at University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey; and Director of Professional and Public Education at Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Amy L. Harrington,Avram H. Mack,Richard J. Frances
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication27/01/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note2 line drawings, 33 tables
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.