All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychopharmacology is a swiftly evolving field, with new drugs coming onto the market and existing drugs being approved for new treatments at a rapid pace. This new edition of Clinical Manual of Addiction Psychopharmacology offers current information on the pharmacology of the major classes of drugs related to addiction, as well as the latest pharmacological treatment of dependence on these drugs. Advances have been made in the treatment of opioid, alcohol, and tobacco dependence, in particular, and these chapters have been thoroughly updated. In addition, the manual reflects recent research findings and evidence-based perspectives on the pharmacological actions of other drugs of abuse. The editors have adopted a therapeutic focus that will prove indispensable to clinicians challenged to identify effective pharmacotherapy treatments for their patients with substance use disorders. For example, the importance of identifying co-occurring medical problems and psychiatric syndromes is emphasized to avoid undermining the therapeutic effects of treatment, and the efficacy of combining npharmacological treatment, such as psychotherapy, is also explored. Prescribing clinicians, social workers, and other mental health practitioners will find Clinical Manual of Addiction Psychopharmacology invaluable in their work with individuals with substance-related disorders.
- Author BiographyHenry R. Kranzler, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania and Co-Associate Director of Research of the Mental Illness, Research, Education, and Clinical Center of the Philadelphia VAMC in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.Domenic A. Ciraulo, M.D., is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at Boston University School of Medicine, and Psychiatrist-in-Chief at Boston Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts.Leah R. Zindel, R.Ph., M.A.L.S., is a pharmacist and medical writer and editor in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Notetables, line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDomenic A. Ciraulo,Henry R. Kranzler,Leah R. Zindel,Leah Zindel
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.