Clinical Manual of Emergency Psychiatry by American Psychiatric Association Publishing (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $122.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Clinical Manual of Emergency Psychiatry is designed to help medical students, residents, and clinical faculty chart an appropriate course of treatment in a setting where an incorrect assessment can have life-or-death implications. Arranged by chief complaint rather than by psychiatric diagsis, each chapter combines the fresh insights of an accomplished psychiatry trainee with the more seasoned viewpoint of a senior practitioner in the field, providing a richly integrated perspective on the challenges and rewards of caring for patients in the psychiatric emergency department. This newly revised edition presents current approaches to evaluation, treatment, and management of patients in crisis, including up-to-date guidelines on use of pharmacotherapy in the emergency setting; suicide risk assessment; evaluation of patients with abrmal mood, psychosis, acute anxiety, agitation, cognitive impairment, and/or substance-related emergencies; and care of children and adolescents. The editors have created an accessible text with many useful features: A chapter devoted to effective strategies for teaching, mentoring, and supervision of trainees in the psychiatry emergency service. Chapters focused on assessment of risk for violence in patients, determination of the need for seclusion or restraint, and navigation of the legal and ethical issues that arise in the emergency setting. Clinical vignettes that contextualize the information provided, allowing readers to envision applicable clinical scenarios and thereby internalize important concepts more quickly; Constructive take-home points at the end of each chapter that summarize key information and caution against common clinical errors. References and suggested readings to help readers pursue a deeper understanding of concepts and repair any gaps in kwledge. Emergency psychiatry is one of the most stressful and challenging areas of practice for the psychiatric clinician. The guidelines and strategies outlined in Clinical Manual of Emergency Psychiatry, Second Edition, will help psychiatric trainees and educators alike to make sense of the complex clinical situations they encounter and guide them to advance their skills as clinicians and educators.
- Author BiographyMichelle B. Riba, M.D., M.S., is Professor of Psychiatry and Associate Chair for Integrated Medical and Psychiatric Services in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan and Associate Director of the University of Michigan Comprehensive Depression Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In addition, Dr. Riba is Secretary for Scientific Publications at the World Psychiatric Association and Past President of the American Psychiatric Association. Divy Ravindranath, M.D., M.S., is Director of the Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service and Mental Health Evaluation Clinic of the VA Palo Alto Health Care System in Palo Alto, California; and Clinical Assistant Professor (Affiliated) in the Department of Psychiatry at Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California. Gerald Scott Winder, M.D., is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note7 figures, 39 tables
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDivy Ravindranath,Gerald Scott Winder,Michelle B. Riba
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.