All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionClinical neurophysiologic testing is an important component of evaluating patients with complaints that may be attributed to diseases of the central or peripheral nervous system. This classic volume in the Contemporary Neurology Series covers the basic concepts underlying each of the testing techniques and provides comprehensive descriptions of the methods and wide range of electrophysiologic testing available for patients with epilepsy, neuromuscular diseases, movement disorders, demyelinating diseases, sleep disorders, automic disorders and those undergoing orthopedic and neurosurgical procedures. This text details the role of each study, the interpretation of findings, and their application clinical problems. This text describes the multiple diagstic procedures for diverse diseases of the neuromuscular system, including: electroencephalography (EEG); electromyography and nerve conduction studies; single fiber EMG; polysomgraphy; surface EMG patterns, blood pressure, pulse, sweat measures; vestibular function testing; deep brain stimulator physiology; and intraoperative monitoring. It is a practical textbook for neurologists, physiatrists and clinical neurophysiologists in clinical or research practice or in training. Key Features of the New Edition Include: 1. Fully updated chapters to reflect new research and techniques in clinical neurophysiology. 2. Updated images illustrating key elements of techniques and basic concepts. 3. Case examples for practical application.
- Author BiographyDevon Rubin is professor of neurology and consultant in the department of neurology at Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, where he serves as the director of the EMG laboratory. He completed his neurology and clinical neurophysiology training at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. His special interest and area of expertise is in education in clinical neurophysiology, and he has developed and authored numerous, unique interactive digital EMG teaching tools. He has been the recipient of the Mayo Clinic Distinguished Educator Award for recognition of his excellence in education. Jasper Daube is a clinical neurologist and clinical neurophysiologist with degrees from Princeton University, University of Rochester School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, and Mayo Clinic. His special interests include neuromuscular diseases. He is an Honorary Member and Distinguished Neurology Teacher of the American Neurological Association; has won the Presidential Award and Neurology Teacher Award; and President American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- Author(s)Devon I. Rubin,Jasper R. Daube
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Neurology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1956 g
- Width195 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.