All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Neuroscience: Psychopathology and the Brain, Second Edition, uses a student-friendly, integrative, and empirically based approach to present the neuroscience underlying various psychological disorders. The text begins with a tour of the brain's fundamental building blocks (neuroanatomy, neurochemistry, neurophysiology, and neurodevelopment) before moving on to such mental health challenges and illnesses as traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, addiction, schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and depression. The final section of the book includes chapters devoted to the maintenance of mental health, including stress and coping, psychoneuroimmulogy, and hunger regulation. Pedagogical features including chapter-opening vignettes (Connections), case studies (A Case in Point), running marginal glossaries, and feature boxes (Brain Matters) illuminate the course content for students as they learn about the value of translational research (i.e., transforming basic research into applied therapies). Clinical Neuroscience: Psychopathology and the Brain, Second Edition, emphasizes the value of the scientific method, relevant empirical information, and the practice of utilizing multiple perspectives so that meaningful progress can be made toward the identification of the most effective treatment strategies. Ultimately, all students will have a sound scientific foundation on which to build a greater understanding of the neurobiology inherent in psychological properties and mental health.
- Author BiographyKelly Lambert is Professor and Chair of Psychology at Randolph-Macon College. She is the recipient of the 2001 State Council of Higher Education in Virginia's Outstanding Faculty Award. Reports of her research have been published in journals such as Stress, Nature, and Physiology and Behavior. Her popular writing has appeared in such magazines as Scientific American Mind. She is most recently the author of Lifting Depression(Basic Books, 2008).Craig Kinsley is Professor of Neuroscience in the Department of Psychology and Center for Neuroscience at the University of Richmond. His research has been published in such journals as Brain Research Bulletin, Developmental Psychobiology, Hormones and Behavior, and Nature.
- Author(s)Craig H Kinsley,Professor of Behavioral Neuroscience Kelly G Lambert
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication27/12/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2010
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1297 g
- Width206 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.