All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Nursing Education: Current Reflections was conceived as a unique resource for seasoned and vice faculty as well as for graduate students on the nurse educator track. The book aims to help the profession re-imagine clinical education, historically, the essential core of nursing education, and examine the impact of new models for clinical education in an increasingly complex environment of health care delivery. It also provides readers a variety of reflections on simulation, performance evaluation, student experiences, and faculty responsibilities related to these critical aspects of a nurse's education. The book grew out of the editors' experiences as part of the NLN's Task Group on Clinical Education, Blue Ribbon Panel on Research in Nursing Education, and Think Tank on Transforming Clinical Nursing Education.
- Author BiographyNell Ard, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF Dr. Nell Ard is the associate director, National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and formerly the director of nursing at Collin College. She has served the NLN in several capacities: a member of the task group on teaching-learning, a member of task group on test security, consultant for the center of excellence program, a nominations committee member, and as the chair of the task group on clinical nursing education. She is currently serving as an ambassador, as a member of the public policy committee, and as a NLNAC site visitor. She has presented several times at the NLN Education summit. Dr. Ard graduated from Harding University (BSN), West Texas State University (MSN), and the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (PhD in clinical nursing research). She earned NLN's certification in nursing education in 2006. She has published extensively and received numerous awards. Dr. Ard was also honored by her nursing colleagues and students with the funding of a nursing scholarship named for her. Dr. Ard was inducted in the NLN's Academy of Nursing education in September 2009. Theresa M. Valiga, EdD, RN, FAAN, ANEF Dr. Valiga, Clinical Professor at the Duke University School of Nursing, is the director of the Institute for Educational Excellence. She also serves as Lead Faculty for the Nursing Education specialty in the MSN Program. Dr. Valiga received a Bachelor's degree in nursing at Trenton (NJ) State College. She earned her MEd and EdD, both in in Nursing Education, at Columbia University Teachers' College. Before coming to Duke in 2008, she served for nine years as the chief program officer of the National League of Nursing (NLN). At NLN, she was instrumental in developing the Centers of Excellence program, the Academy of Nursing Education, position statements, the Hallmarks of Excellence in Nursing Education, the Excellence in Nursing Education Model, and several publications. She also served on the Blue Ribbon Panel for Nursing Education Research. Dr. Valiga is internationally renowned for her expertise in nursing curriculum development, program evaluation, innovations in teaching, and the faculty role. She has published widely on issues related to nursing education, including student and faculty cognitive/intellectual development, leadership, and effective teaching strategies. She is the recipient of several prestigious awards for excellence in nursing education, including Sigma Theta Tau's Elizabeth Russell Belford Award, the NLN's Isabel Stewart Award, and induction into the American Academy of Nursing and the NLN Academy for Nursing Education. http://fds.duke.edu/db/nurse/faculty/terry.valiga
- Author(s)Nell Ard,Theresa M. Valiga
- PublisherNational League for Nursing,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational League for Nursing,U.S.
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.