Clinical Skills for the Ophthalmic Examination: Basic Procedures by Lindy DuBois (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe step-by-step, instructional guide for the most common ophthalmic instruments and procedures has been updated to a second edition. This book provides details on tests frequently performed in the office, and provides instructions on the proper way to perform them. Lindy DuBois focuses on presenting fundamental instruction in a clear and easy-to-use manual. Essential chapters, such as those on patient history, medications, allergies, and refractive surgery have been updated to offer critical information for the ophthalmic professional. New to this edition are: an expanded History section, with a detailed patient interview to comply with new regulations; expanded Interim History section to include patients with low vision; and, new sections on Exophthalmometry and A-Scan Biometry. Make Clinical Skills for the Ophthalmic Examination: Basic Procedures, Second Edition your go-to text for information on the latest procedures and instruments used in the clinic today.
- Author BiographyLindy DuBois is a certified ophthalmic medical technologist (COMT) and certified orthoptist (CO). After college, she worked as a chemist at the University of Florida and then undertook her ophthalmology training there. During this time, she also began work on her master s degree in health occupations education. Since finishing her training, Ms. DuBois has been on the faculty of ophthalmic technology training programs at the University of Florida in Gainesville, the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, and is currently the assistant program director in the master of medical science in ophthalmic technology program at Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. She received her MMSc from Emory in 1994. In addition to her teaching duties, she has worked in university clinics as well as private practice and has been the clinical coordinator of numerous clinical research trials. Ms. DuBois has taught numerous courses and presented many papers for professional organizations, academic programs, and community groups. In addition to scientific publications, she has authored or reviewed sections of the home study course published by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and chapters in Fundamentals for Ophthalmic Technical Personnel. Ms. DuBois feels fortunate to have found her niche in this, her second, career. She is a cheerleader for the professionencouraging and supporting entry into and advancement in the world of eyecare.
- Author(s)Lindy DuBois
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.