All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinical Sports Nutrition 5e is a cornerstone of the Sports Medicine series offered by McGraw-Hill Education. This complete practical and clinical reference provides the latest sports nutrition information, drawing on scientific research from around the globe. All chapters have been substantially revised and updated with contributions from leading academics, physicians and sports dietitians in Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. In addition there are seven new commentaries: a molecular view of exercise; female athlete triad and energy availability; measuring energy availability; treating low energy availability; vegetarian eating; antioxidant supplementation and exercise; and, fluid guidelines. This respected reference work is an invaluable asset for students and instructors in the discipline of sports nutrition, and is also essential reading for elite athletes, sports professionals and trainers who need to keep their kwledge current.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHORS Louise Burke PhD, BSc, Grad Dip Diet, FSMA, FACSM, OAM, APD Head, AIS Sports Nutrition Chair in Sports Nutrition, Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research Louise has been the Head of Sports Nutrition at the Australian Institute of Sport since 1990 and also holds a Chair in Sports Nutrition at Australian Catholic University. Louise was appointed as the Dietitian to the Australia Olympic Team for the 1996-2012 Summer Olympic Games, and is a Fellow of Sports Dietitians Australia, Sports Medicine Australia and the American College of Sports Medicine. In 2009 she received a Citation Award from the American College of Sports Medicine and the Medal of the Order of Australia in recognition of her work in sports nutrition. Vicki Deakin MSc (research), BSc, Dip T, Grad Dip Nutr Diet, APD Sports Dietitian, Adjunct Associate Professor Vicki Deakin is a former Head of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Canberra, where she initiated the undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Nutrition and Dietetics, and Sports Nutrition. Her involvement with elite athletes dates back to her initiation of the nutrition services at the Australian Institute of Sport in 1985 and in her capacity as the Nutrition Performance Manager at the ACT Academy of Sport.
- Author(s)Louise Burke,Vicki Deakin
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication02/09/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Australia
- Weight2 g
- Width71 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.