Clinical Work with Substance-Abusing Clients by Guilford Publications (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $189.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA leading professional resource and course text, this book provides practical guidance for treating clients with substance use disorders in a variety of contexts. Expert contributors present major assessment and treatment approaches together with detailed recommendations for intervening with particular substances. Clinical techniques are clearly explained and illustrated with helpful case examples. Important topics include harm reduction; strategies for working with family members; and ways to meet the needs of specific populations, including women, adolescents, older adults, LGBT clients, and those with frequently encountered co-occurring problems. New to This Edition *Revised to reflect current research and clinical advances; updated for DSM-5. *Chapters on trauma-informed care, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and complementary/alternative approaches. *Chapters on neurobiology and behavioral addictions. *Significantly revised chapters on family treatment and dual disorders.
- Author BiographyShulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner, DSW, LCSW, is Professor and Chair of the Practice Area at the Silver School of Social Work, New York University, where she is Director of the Post-Master's Certificate Program in Clinical Approaches to Addictions. In 2013, Dr. Straussner was awarded the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Social Studies at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, the highest level of Fulbright awards given to a U.S. academic. Previously, she was a Lady Davis Fellow at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, and was inducted as a Distinguished Scholar into the Social Work Academy of The National Academies of Practice. Dr. Straussner is the author or editor of numerous articles and books, including Ethnocultural Factors in Substance Abuse Treatment, and is the founding editor of the Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. She serves as a consultant to hospitals, agencies, and other organizations in New York; lectures on a variety of topics throughout the United States and abroad; and has a private therapeutic and supervisory practice in New York City.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byShulamith Lala Ashenberg Straussner
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.51Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.