All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew topics elicit greater controversy within psychoanalysis today than the role of research in justifying or expanding upon analytic theory. The text collects papers from a London conference, along with additional material, to explore the work of discussants Daniel Stern and Andre Green. Stern, whose work and psychoanalysis and infant observation is world-rewned, and Green, the French psychoanalyst whose trenchant views on the limitations of research are equally well kwn, each focus on the issue of infant research and its long history within the psychoanalytic movement.Additional discussions by three prominent British psychoanalysts, Anne Alvarez, Irma Brenman Pick, and Rozine Jozef Perelberg, expose a different point of view from that of green and Stern. Also included is a previous debate on this topic between Andre Green and Robert S. Wallerstein, former president of the International Psychoanalytic Association. An illuminating introductory chapter by Riccardo Steiner further describes the main points of the debate with marvelous clarity. This book will be invaluable for all those who wish to involve themselves with contemporary views on this important topic.
- Author BiographyAnne-Marie Sandler was born in Geneva where she studied psychology and worked with Jean Piaget. She came to England in 1950 and trained in child analysis with Anna Freud. She went on to train further at the Institute of Psychoanalysis where she became a Training and Supervising analyst for both children and adults, and a Distinguished Fellow. She is a former director of the Anna Freud Centre, former President of the Institute of Psychoanalysis and of the European Federation of Psychoanalysis and former Vice-President of the International Psychoanalytical Association. Joseph Sandler qualified as a psychoanalyst in the British Psychoanalytical Society. He was the Freud Memorial Professor of Psychoanalysis in the University of London and Director of the Psychoanalysis Unit at University College London, and in private practice in London. He was formerly the first Sigmund Freud Professor of Psychoanalysis at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Editor of the 'International Journal of Psychoanalysis' and the 'International Review of Psychoanalysis', and was President of the International Psychoanalytical Association.
- Author(s)Rosemary Davies
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Psychoanalytic Monograph Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAnne-Marie Sandler,Joseph Sandler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.