All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1986, this landmark text is the definitive guide to clinical trials, written by one of the leading experts in the field. This fully-updated second edition continues to be the most authoritative reference text on randomized clinical trials. It contains a wealth of practical information on the design, conduct, and analysis of both single center and multicenter trials. No other book on clinical trials offers as much detail on such issues as sample size calculation, stratification and randomization, data systems design, development of consent forms, publication policies, preparation of funding requests, and reporting procedures. While the basics of design, conduct, and analysis of clinical trials remain the same, there have been significant changes since the first edition of Clinical Trials was published two decades ago. In this new edition, the author discusses the refinements and improvements made to methods and procedures, changes in the policies and guidelines underlying trials, as well as requirements for registration of trials. He also discusses current practices for data sharing, for gender representation, for treatment effects monitoring, and for ethical standards of clinical trials. The importance of the randomized controlled trial has grown significantly over time and they are w the cornerstone of all evidence-based medicine. Still rich in tables, checklists, charts, and other resources for the trialist, the second edition of Clinical Trials is an indispensable reference for clinicians, biostaticians, epidemiologists, and anyone involved in the design and implementation of a clinical trial.
- Author BiographyCurtis L. Meinert, PhD, is a Professor in the Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He was founder of the Center for Clinical Trials and served as its director through September 2005. He was a founding member of the Society for Clinical Trials and was Editor of Controlled Clinical Trials from its inception in 1980 through 1993.
- Author(s)Curtis L. Meinert
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMonographs in Epidemiology & Biostatistics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note20 line art
- Weight1420 g
- Width186 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.