Clinician's Guide to PTSD: A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach by Steven Taylor (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in the latest clinical and neurobiological research, this book provides both an understanding of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and a guide to empirically supported treatment. The author offers well-documented, practical recommendations for planning and implementing cognitive-behavioral therapy with people who have experienced different types of trauma--sexual assault, combat, serious accidents, and more--and shows how to use a case formulation approach to tailor interventions to the needs of each patient. Coverage includes different conceptual models of PTSD, approaches to integrating psychopharmacology into treatment, and strategies for addressing frequently encountered comorbid conditions. Illustrated with helpful case examples, the book features over a dozen reproducible handouts and forms.
- Author BiographySteven Taylor, PhD, is a clinical psychologist and Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of British Columbia. For 10 years he was Associate Editor of Behaviour Research and Therapy and now is Associate Editor of the Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, as well as being on the editorial boards of several journals. He has published over 180 journal articles and book chapters and 11 books on anxiety disorders and related topics. He served as a consultant on the text revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR). Dr. Taylor has received career awards from the Canadian Psychological Association, the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy, the Anxiety Disorders Association of America, and the British Columbia Psychological Association. He is also a fellow of several scholarly organizations, including the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, the Canadian Psychological Association, and the American Psychological Society. Dr. Taylor is actively involved in clinical teaching and supervision. His clinical and research interests include cognitive-behavioral treatments and mechanisms of anxiety disorders and related conditions.
- Author(s)Steven Taylor
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/09/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight578 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.