All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinician's Guide to Treating Stress After War: Education and Coping Interventions for Veterans outlines clear strategies that mental health professionals can use to help war returnees become better able to negotiate common problems that diminish the quality of their day-to-day life. A powerful and practical resource, this guide assists professionals to increase each individual's sense of control over his or her life.
- Author BiographyJulia M. Whealin, PhD, is the Deputy Director for Education and a research health scientist at the Veterans Affairs Pacific Islands Health Care System Division of the National Center for PTSD. She has published widely on a host of veterans mental health issues including combat stress, family issues, PTSD, sexual abuse, and resilience. Lorie T. DeCarvalho, PhD, is the founder and Director of Behavioral Health Services for Adventist Health Central California Network. She has published on pain and PTSD in various scholarly, government, self-help, and general interest publications. Edward M. Vega, PhD, is a staff psychologist in the Trauma Recovery Program of the Atlanta VA Medical Center and has worked with veterans from all eras, as well as national guards/reservists, police officers, civilian psychiatric patients, and women who are survivors of sexual and physical abuse.
- Author(s)Edward M. Vega,Julia M. Whealin,Lorie T. DeCarvalho
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.