Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPoetry. This collection illuminates moments in life when everything changes or comes into focus. Its poems of love, illness, artistic endeavor, spiritual and emotional awakening, embrace taking time and contemplating deeply the flow of sensory experience. A lucid foray into encounters with artists and writers such as Cezanne, Paul Klee, John Donne, Robert Frost, or Floyd Skloot's mentor Thomas Kinsella, as well as family life, vertigo, and resonant personal places.
- Author BiographyFloyd Skloot's poetry, memoirs, essays, and ?ction have won three Pushcart Prizes, the PEN USA Literary Award, two Paci?c Northwest Book Awards, and been ?nalists for the Barnes & Noble Discover Award, the PEN Award for the Art of the Essay, and the Paterson Prize in Poetry. In 2010, he was named by Poets & Writers Inc. as one of ?fty of the most inspiring authors in the world. His work has appeared in The Best American Essays, Best American Science Writing, Best Spiritual Writing, and Best Food Writing. Skloot's most recent books include the poetry collections The Snow's Music and The End of Dreams (both from Louisiana State University Press, 2006 and 2008), and Revertigo: An Off-Kilter Memoir (University of Wisconsin Press, 2014). Skloot is the father of the bestselling writer Rebecca Skloot, author of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. He lives in Portland, OR, with his wife, Beverly Hallberg. As Poets & Writer magazine said: Despite virus-induced brain damage, he writes with surprising tenderness and candor about recreating a life for himself and, in the process, makes us think about our own.
- Author(s)Floyd Skloot
- PublisherEyewear Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEyewear Publishing
- Weight209 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.