About this product
- DescriptionA little tiger takes an imaginative journey The little tiger lay on his back in the tall grass. Close your eyes, little tiger, said his mother, and go to sleep. But the little tiger is worried about what sleep might bring. His mother reassures him that once he closes his eyes, he will dream of magical places. And when he awakens, she will be right there, waiting for him.Alternating between real-life scenes with the baby tiger and his mother and enchanted dream scenes of sleep's possibilities, Kate Banks's simple, comforting text and Georg Hallensleben's bright, colorful illustrations make this a charming bedtime story for small children. Close Your Eyes is a 2002 New York Times Book Review Best Illustrated Book of the Year and a 2003 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year.
- Author BiographyAuthor Kate Banks and illustrator Georg Hallensleben have collaborated on several books, including And If the Moon Could Talk, winner of the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, The Cat Who Walked Across France, Baboon, and The Night Worker, winner of the Charlotte Zolotow Award. Banks lives in the South of France with her husband and two sons. Hallensleben lives in Paris.
- Author(s)Kate Banks
- PublisherPan Macmillan South Africa
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationIllovo
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintPan Macmillan
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width267 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Georg Hallensleben
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.