All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionA simple, resonant, and utterly heart-shattering debut about greed, love, trust and what matters most when your world falls apart. A war-torn country . . . only one way out. Ten-year-old Malik's world is falling apart. Soldiers have invaded town, and his mother is missing, leaving Malik with his grandfather, Papa. Along with a thousand other refugees, their hope for escape to a new life lies in gaining passage aboard one ship--but the demand for tickets is high, and so is the cost. Can they make it on? And will they find Mama before the ship departs? When things don't go as planned, Malik must summon all of his courage and resourcefulness to survive. A heart-wrenching and suspenseful story of sacrifice and resilience, Close to the Wind confronts the realities of war in a timeless and accessible way.
- Author BiographyJon Walter is a former photo journalist with a special interest in social welfare issues. Close to the Wind is his debut novel. He lives in East Sussex, England, with his family.
- Author(s)Jon Walter
- PublisherDavid Fickling Books
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid Fickling Books
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.