All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy exploring what close reading is and how to teach it, this book helps teachers implement it in their classroom to enrich students' literacy learning. The book is broken down into three parts: * Part I gives readers a clear definition of close reading & why it's important * Part II explores how to make close reading happen in the classroom * Part III investigates close reading in context, including 10 easy steps to implement close reading in the classroom and how to set short & long term goals Each chapter offers an explanation of and insights into its designated close reading focus with information on that topic as well as examples from site-based work with teachers and students, advice on how to avoid close reading pitfalls, and classroom-ready resources to use immediately. Questions for reflection are suggested at the end of all chapters to encourage readers to consider the implications on practice.
- Author BiographyA former classroom teacher and professor of reading, Nancy Boyles is a literacy consultant, who provides workshops, model lessons, and curriculum support to districts and organizations nationally, regionally, and locally. Over the course of her career she has received numerous awards , including New England Reading Association's Outstanding Literacy Leader Award and Connecticut Reading Association's Celebrate Literacy Award for exemplary service.
- Author(s)Nancy N. Boyles
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCorwin Literacy
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.