All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCloser Together, Further Apart offers current unique insight into the cultural shifts brought about by digital techlogy and the Internet. It considers how these new connections are impacting t only society as a whole, but more specifically communication in relationships and across generations. Digital techlogy has in less than a single generation, dramatically and permanently altered the ways in which humans connect and communicate with each other. Conversations and information transfers that once either weren't possible or took days to complete w occur in an instant. Techlogical advances are profoundly affecting humankind, forcing us to change on multiple levels. As with all forms of human/social/techlogical change, these advances will be good for some and bad for others. Those who learn to effectively absorb information and use new techlogies in healthy ways will flourish, and those who don't may feel increasingly disconnected from our techlogy driven world. Robert Weiss, MSW, is a therapist, international speaker, author, and a blogger on PsychCentral.com, where he writes regularly on the topic of sex and intimacy in the digital age. He was featured in LA Weekly 2013 People issue as one of LA's most fascinating people. He currently serves as Senior Vice-President of Clinical Development for Elements Behavioral Health.Jennifer P. Schneider, MD, PhD, is a physician, international speaker, and the author of nine books and numerous journal articles.
- Author BiographyRobert Weiss: Robert Weiss, MSW, LCSW, CSAT, is founding Director of The Sexual Recovery Institute (SRI), Los Angeles and Director of Sexual Disorders Services for Elements Behavioral Health, which includes The Ranch in Nunnelly, TN, Promises Treatment Centers, and The Sexual Recovery Institute. A UCLA MSW graduate and trainee of Dr. Patrick Carnes, Mr. Weiss is author of Cruise Control: Understanding Sex Addiction in Gay Men (2005) contributing author of Mending A Shattered Heart: A Guide for Partners of Sex Addicts (2011) and co-author (with Dr. Jennifer Schneider) of both Untangling the Web: Sex, Porn and Fantasy Addiction in the Internet Age (2006) and Cybersex Exposed: Simple Fantasy to Obsession (2001) along with numerous peer reviewed articles and chapters. He is a media expert to CNN, The Oprah Winfrey Network, ESPN, Dr. Drew and The Today Show among many others. Mr. Weiss also has provided clinical training in the assessment and treatment of sexual addiction for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the US military, and behavioral treatment centers throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. He is a frequent speaker at large national and international addiction conferences. He writes a regular blog on www.robertweissmsw.com, and has nearly 4,000 followers on Twitter. Jennifer P. Schneider: Jennifer P. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician certified in Internal Medicine, Addiction Medicine and Pain Management. She is the author of 9 books and numerous articles in professional journals. She is a compassionate professional committed to educating others in her fields of specialty. She is a nationally recognized expert in two addiction-related fields: addictive sexual disorders and the management of chronic pain with opioids. Aside from her own practice, her professional activities include writing; lecturing at conferences; serving as an expert witness in legal settings; and appearing as a media guest on television and radio. She is the author of Back from Betrayal (2004), and Sex, Lies, and Forgiveness (2001) and co-author of Cybersex Exposed (2001), Disclosing Secrets (2002), The Wounded Healer (1997), and Surviving Disclosure (2012).
- Author(s)Jennifer P Schneider,M S W Robert Weiss
- PublisherGentle Path Press (imprint of New Freedom Publications)
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationCarefree
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGentle Path Press (imprint of New Freedom Publications)
- Out-of-print date15/09/2016
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.