All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionBella gets the call early in the morning: It's her sister Cicely, telling her that Mama has died. Mama had been confined to the Edgewood Nursing Home, and Bella had visited her every few months even though they'd almost always end up fighting. Throughout Mama's time at the nursing home, Bella's sisters and brothers didn't visit Mama much. Some of them were just thirty minutes away but only saw her once a year. In this memoir, Bella looks back with regret at Mama's last days in the nursing home as well as the relationship they had growing up. She also offers a sad thought: If one can care for six, how is it six cant care for one? She also explores the relationship Mama had with her own mother. They were the best of friends, and she thinks one of the reasons Mama fell ill is because of her own mother's death. Bravely opening up old wounds, Bella seeks to break a cycle of family dysfunction to achieve something better for future generations in Closing Chapter.
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.