All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionClosing the Education Achievement Gaps for African American Males is a research-based tool to improve the schooling experience of African American males. Editors Theodore S. Ransaw and Richard Majors draw together a collection of writings that provide much-needed engagement with issues of gender and identity for black males, as well as those of culture, media, and techlogy, in the context of education. The distinguished and expert contributors whose work comprises this volume include an achievement-gap specialist for males of color, two psychologists, a math teacher, an electrical engineer, a former school principal, a social worker, and a former human rights commissioner. From black male learning styles to STEM, this book shows that issues pertaining to educational outcomes for black males are nuanced and complex but t unsolvable. With its combination of fresh new approaches to closing achievement gaps and up-to-date views on trends, this volume is an invaluable resource on vital contemporary social and educational issues that aims to improve learning, equity, and access for African American males.
- Author BiographyTheodore S. Ransaw is a research specialist for African and African American studies at Michigan State University, an educator, a writer, and a consultant. Richard Majors, a former Clinical Fellow at Harvard Medical School, is an honorary associate professor at University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Majors is the director of the Applied Centre for Emotional Literacy Leadership and Research in the UK. He is the founding editor of the Journal of African American Studies (formerly Journal of African American Men).
- PublisherMichigan State University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleInternational Race and Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan State University Press
- Weight272 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRichard Majors,Theodore S Ransaw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.