All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCloudwalker -- describing the creation of the rivers, is the second in a series of Northwest Coast legends by Roy Henry Vickers and Robert Budd. Their previous collaboration, Raven Brings the Light (2013), is a national bestseller. On British Columbia's rth-west coast lies the Sacred Headwaters -- the source of three of British Columbia's largest salmon-bearing rivers. These rivers are the source of life for all creatures in the area. But what gave life to the rivers themselves? Astace, a young Gitxsan hunter, is intent on catching a group of swans with his bare hands. He is carried away by the birds' powerful wings and dropped in the clouds. With only a cedar box of water Astace wanders the clouds, growing weaker, stumbling and spilling the contents. When he finally returns to earth he discovers lakes, creeks, and rivers where there were ne before. The Gitxsan rejoice at having him home, and name the new river they live alongside Ksien -- juice from the clouds . Roy Henry Vickers' vibrant artwork, including 18 new prints, accompany this new retelling of an ancient story -- readers of all ages will be captivated.
- Author BiographyRoy Henry Vickers is a renowned carver, painter and printmaker whose Eagle Aerie Gallery in Tofino, BC, has become a provincial landmark. In 1998, Roy was appointed to the Order of British Columbia and in 2006, the Order of Canada. He is the co-author of the immensely popular Northwest Coast Legends series and the author of several books that showcase his art, including Storyteller (Harbour Publishing, 2014). He currently lives in Hazelton, BC. Robert (Lucky) Budd holds an MA in history and has digitised many high-profile oral history collections including that of the Nisgaa First Nation. He is the co-author of the immensely popular Northwest Coast Legend series -- including Raven Brings the Light and Cloudwalker -- and is the author of Voices of British Columbia (Douglas & McIntyre, 2010), a best-seller which was shortlisted for the 2011 Bill Duthie Booksellers Choice Award. He currently lives in Victoria, BC.
- Author(s)Robert Budd,Roy Henry Vickers
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Note20 colour illus
- Weight490 g
- Width230 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Roy Henry Vickers
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $178.29Trending at AU $199.99
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.55
- AU $26.36Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.30
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $52.70
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.