Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionClovis Crawfish takes young readers on a journey through the bayou, his first of many adventures. Curious, Clovis begins searching for the reason his bayou is named Tail of the Frog and encounters many friends along the way, including Gaston Grasshopper, Lizette Lizard, and Fernand Frog. But friends are t the only creatures Clovis meets on his adventure, for the bayou is also home to many predators. When Clovis meets the hungry Msieu Blue Jay, he needs to act fast if he wants to save everyone. Risking his own life for his loved ones, Clovis teaches the values of friendship. Seasoned with Acadian-French phrases throughout the story, the authentic language deepens the bayou feel of the tale. A glossary and pronunciation guide, provided for reference, make learning about the Cajun vocabulary easy and fun. Now in full color, the story is enhanced by vibrant illustrations.
- Author BiographyMary Alice Fontenot is best known as the childrens author of books on Cajun culture. She created the famous wetland characters of Clovis Crawfish and his friends more than thirty years ago. In addition to the Clovis Crawfish Series, Fontenot wrote several other childrens books, including Mardi Gras in the Country and The Star Seed, both published by Pelican. Fontenot worked as a kindergarten teacher and, for thirty-five years, as a newspaperwoman. Her dedication to children and to her art earned her the 1998 Acadiana Arts Council Lifetime Achievement Award. She died in 2003 at the age of ninety-three. Keith Graves is a freelance artist who holds a bachelor of fine arts degree from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He also is a graduate of Parsons the New School for Design in New York.
- Author(s)Mary Alice Fontenot
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note25 coloUr illus.
- Weight395 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Keith Graves
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.