Co. Aytch: Or, a Side Show of the Big Show by Samuel Watkins, James McPherson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRead this classic memoir from the American Civil War, complete with images and other perspectives, for an enriching, unforgettable experience. This is the most famous and best-selling memoir of the American Civil War, w fully illustrated for the first time. Samuel Watkins faithfully served throughout the duration of the Civil War. Of the 120 men who enlisted in Company H in 1861, Sam Watkins was one of only seven alive when General Joseph E. Johnston's Army of Tennessee surrendered to General William Tecumseh Sherman in North Carolina in April 1865. Of the 3,200 men who fought in the First Tennessee, only 65 were left to be paroled on that day. Soon after the war ended, Watkins began writing his memoir, entitled Co. Aytch : The First Tennessee Regiment or a Side Show of the Big Show,which is heralded by many historians as one of the best war memoirs written by a common soldier of the field. Sam's writing style is quite engaging and skillfully captures the pride, misery, glory, and horror experienced by the common foot soldier. This beautifully illustrated edition of Co. Aytch includes writings from great Civil War generals, such as James Longstreet and William T. Sherman, as well as some of today's best contemporary historians, such as Doris Kearns Goodwin, James M. McPherson, Allan Nevins, and Bruce Catton, all of whom won the Pulitzer Prize for history. It is also richly illustrated with photos and illustrations from the Library of Congress, the George Eastman House, the National Parks Service, many of the country's major Civil War collections, and the National War College.
- Author BiographySAMUEL WATKINS was in virtually all the major battles of the western theater of the American Civil War. His memoirs, which provide a common soldier's viewpoint of the war, continue to be studied by historians and enthusiasts. JAMES M. MCPHERSON, professor emeritus at Princeton University, is the author of Battle Cry of Freedom (winner of the Pulitzer Prize); Hallowed Ground; Crossroads of Freedom: Antietam; and many more best-selling and critically acclaimed books on the Civil War.
- Author(s)James McPherson,Samuel Watkins
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width229 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.