Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionCo-operatives and mutual businesses are amongst the oldest and most enduring in the world. They comprise some of the largest business enterprises, take a wide variety of forms, and operate within many different industries. And yet, co-operatives have a lot in common - including a democratic model of governance and their member-owned structure. Co-operatives in the Fourth Sector: The Role of Member-Owned Businesses in the Global Ecomy contributes to the development of a better understanding of a co-operative and mutual business, and how the member -focused nature of the co-operatives is the fundamental driver of their success. Part I of this book contains four chapters that deal with the governance and financing of co-operatives. Part II includes two international cases that explore the significance of delivering member value to ensure co-operatives sustainability. Part III, then, contains three chapters that examine the potential contribution of co-operatives in developing ecomies. Drawn from the research of a cross-section of international scholars, this work was a collaborative project between The University of Western Australia and Co-operatives WA. Co-operatives are a reminder to the international community that it is possible to pursue both ecomic viability and social responsibility. --UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Table of Contents: Part I ? Co-operative Governance and Financing: * Chapter 1 ? The co-operative enterprise business model * Chapter 2 ? 'Club' versus 'shareholder' dichotomy of co-operatives * Chapter 3 ? The P-network as an interpretation tool for co-ops* Chapter 4 ? Co-operative capital units. Part II ? Member Value Creation: * Chapter 5 ? Generating member value; * Chapter 6 ? Mobility. Part III ? Co-operatives in Developing Ecomies:* Chapter 7 ? Collaborative marketing groups in developing ecomies* Chapter 8 ? Agricultural co-operatives* Chapter 9 ? Identification of successful animal husbandry co-ops.
- Author BiographyTim Mazzarol is an Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Strategy at the Graduate School of Management, University of Western Australia and Director of the UWA Business School's Centre for Entrepreneurial Management and Innovation (CEMI). He has extensive experience in designing, developing and delivering management education programs targeted at a wide range of levels from undergraduate to postgraduate. He also has ten years of experience with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade including a diplomatic posting to the Australian Embassy Bangkok. Elena Mamouni Limnios is a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Western Australia. She holds a Bachelor and Masters in Engineering, an MBA, and a PhD in Complex Systems Management . Her research encompasses socio-ecological systems management with a particular emphasis on corporate systems, co-operative enterprises and market applications. She also teaches small business management and entrepreneurship.
- Author(s)Elena Mamouni Limnios,Tim Mazzarol
- PublisherTilde Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPrahran
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintTilde Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight530 g
- Width15 mm
- Height23 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.