Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, investors from outside the motion picture industry have increasingly supplied equity to U.S. film productions. Today, these so-called co-financing arrangements are a common phemen in Hollywood. While the large studios usually carry out the operative tasks of movie production and distribution, the financiers as co-owners of the completed films have rights to the residual profits. Kay H. Hofmann analyzes the conflicts of interest and the organizational problems that may arise between the experienced major studios and investors with comparably low industry expertise. Guided by principal agent theory, the empirical analysis provides evidence for adverse selection and multiple aspects of moral hazard during production as well as distribution. Based on these findings, the author develops solutions that are t only relevant for current and future investors but also for studios and film producers who rely on the long-term availability of external funds.
- Author BiographyDr. Kay H. Hofmann, MBA wrote his dissertation under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Christian Opitz at Zeppelin Universitat, Friedrichshafen. He works in a corporate strategy and business development function for a multinational company.
- Author(s)Kay Hendrik Hofmann
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/10/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleMarkt und Unternehmensentwicklung / Markets and Organisations
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight242 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.