Coaching Organization: A Strategy for Developing Leaders by Joseph R. Weintraub, James M. Hunt (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $115.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Coaching Organization provides an organizational perspective on how coaching can become part of an organization's culture. The book offers best practices that will help organizations deploy developmental coaching on a large scale to drive leadership and employee effectiveness. The popularity of coaching in organizations is ermous. However, coaching initiatives are often deployed on an ad hoc and unmanaged basis and as such often yield disappointing results. The Coaching Organization provides a guide for the strategic management of coaching initiatives, including executive coaching, internal coaching, coaching by managers and peer coaching, so as to maximize their impact and value. Using case studies from organizations such as Whirlpool, Wachovia, Children's Hospital Boston and Citizens Financial Group, as well as entrepreneurial ventures the authors, respected academics in the fields of employee and leadership development, describe how both large and small organizations leverage relationship based, on the job learning and offer insights that executives, line managers, human resource and organizational effectiveness professionals as well students will find actionable.
- Author BiographyDr. James M. Hunt is an associate professor of management and former Chair of the Management Division at Babson College, in Wellesley, Massachusetts. There he teaches leadership, talent development and creativity. James has consulted to numerous business and health care organizations on the development of an organizational coaching capability, executive coaching, and talent development by managers. His current research is on the relationship between creativity, uncertainty and career development. He co-lead the design of Babson's innovative Talent Management course in the MBA Program and lead the redesign team for Babson's flagship course, Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship. Formerly, he was faculty co-director of the Babson College Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program and a founder and former faculty co-director of the Babson Executive Education Coaching Inside the Organization program, designed for organizational development and human resource professionals. James is coauthor of the book The Coaching Organization: A Strategy for Developing Leaders, a groundbreaking study of best practice companies and coaching, published by Sage (2007). Dr. Hunt graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a bachelor's of science degree and received a doctorate in business administration from Boston University Graduate School of Management, where he studied career and leadership development and work/life balance Dr. Joseph R. Weintraub is a professor of management and organizational behavior at Babson College in Wellesley, Massachusetts where he serves as the founder and faculty director of the Babson Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program. He is also the faculty director of the Management Consulting Field Experience Program at Babson, an experiential project management program providing consulting services to both the for profit and not-for-profit sectors. Dr. Weintraub is an industrial-organizational psychologist who focuses in the areas of individual and organizational effectiveness including leadership development, coaching, team effectiveness, innovation, and performance management. His work on coaching has received several awards, including the Management Development Paper of the Year from the Academy of Management. He is the coauthor of The Coaching Organization: A Strategy for Developing Leaders (Sage, 2007). Dr. Weintraub's work has appeared in a number of publications including the MIT Sloan Management Review, Organizational Effectiveness, The Wall Street Journal, the Journal of Management Education, and The European Financial Review. Dr. Weintraub serves as Faculty Director at Babson Executive Education, where he is the cofounder and codirector of Coaching Inside the Organization, an innovative certification program for internal organizational coaches. In addition to his work at Babson, Dr. Weintraub is also president of Organizational Dimensions, a management consulting and assessment firm based in Wellesley. He spends much of his consulting practice in helping organizations to develop their own coaching managers. He also develops and delivers leadership development programs in a variety of organizations around the world. His clients have included General Electric, Bose, Fidelity Investments, Citizens Bank, EMD Serono, Boston Children's Hospital, Ocean Spray, and T-Mobile. He is also the co-developer of InnoQuotient, a comprehensive survey tool that measures the culture of innovation in organizations. Dr. Weintraub received his B.S. in psychology from the University of Pittsburgh and both his M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in industrial-organizational psychology from Bowling Green State University. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)James M. Hunt,Joseph R. Weintraub
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2006
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.